Recycling and Resurfacing of Primary and Through Local Roads:
Projects will involve lane restrictions and/or traffic flagging while work is occurring. Detours where anticipated will be posted during construction and are indicated in the following project descriptions.
LAKE LANSING ROAD
- Lac Du Mont to Marsh Road. First layer of asphalt resurfacing completed. Adjustment of manholes in road expected to occur on Saturday, September 7, and paving of second /final layer of asphalt expected to be completed Saturday, Sept. 14, 2019, weather permitting. Meridian Township water-main construction on-going outside of roadway with completion expected mid to late September. Detour Okemos Road to Haslett Road to Marsh Road.
- Saginaw Street to Marsh Road. Drainage improvement and base crushing have been completed. Meridian Township water-main construction on-going outside of roadway with completion expected late September. Then the road will be graded, curb placed in segment having tall road-side back-slopes, and paved with two layers of asphalt, with manhole adjustment occurring between paving layers. Project completion, including greenbelt and driveway approach restoration, expected by late October 2019 dependent on weather and any other factors outside contractor's control. Detour Marsh Road to Saginaw Street.
CENTRAL PARK DRIVE
- Okemos Road to Grand River Ave. Project expected to be deferred to 2020 due to contractor Rieth-Riley's labor dispute per information given below.
- Marsh Road to Central Park Drive. Project expected to be deferred to 2020 due to contractor Rieth-Riley's labor dispute per information given below.
- At Central Park Drive and CN Railroad to Lake Lansing Road. Project expected to be completed mid-September.
- CN Railroad to Van Atta Road. Sealer to be applied under lane closures. Project expected to be completed by late September, 2019.
DELL ROAD -
Aurelius Road to College Road. Detour to Willoughby Road. Project expected to be deferred to 2020 due to contractor Rieth-Riley's labor dispute per information given below.
LESLIE AND VEVAY TOWNSHIPS:
EDEN ROAD -
North of Kinneville Road to Barnes Road, including replacement of railroad tracks on Barnes Road.
Portions of project started will be completed in fall, 2019. Remainder of project expected to be deferred to 2020 due to contractor Rieth-Riley's labor dispute per information given below. Various detours will be posted.
2019 Bridge Projects:
The following 3 bridge projects will take place in Summer/Fall of 2019. Traffic will be detoured per posted routes.
Olds Road Bridge over Perry Creek between Webber and Blackmore Roads, Leslie Twp– Replace structure. Project started September 9, completion expected in fall 2019. Detour route--Walker, Bellevue and Blackmore Roads.
Olds Road Bridge over Huntoon Creek between Hull and State Roads, Leslie Twp. – Replace structure. Project to occur after completion of above project.
Howell Road Bridge over Doan Creek – Replace deck and rail. Project substantially completed and open to traffic.